Monday, October 13, 2014

Mid-October Musings

So this is what's staring at me when I write these days. 


He was created by my littlest kidlet and his name is Fluffy Marshmallow. Apparently there is video evidence that he's been stealing (rescuing?) marshmallows from the cereal box. 

This is what I'm reading.

I received the ARC the last time I was in the Penguin offices and am currently on a MG fantasy binge. Fun!

And this is what I'm eating:


I will be running later on this afternoon. I swear.

What am I writing? I'm working on revising two--yes, two--different manuscripts right now. So I'm learning to love revising (which I don't like as much as drafting, but turns every good story into a greater story!)

And here's where I'll be this week:


"Finally, OPL will recognize Teen Read Week by hosting a panel of local authors who write for young adults. Golden Sower nominee John Kalkowski (Red Cell), Lydia Kang (Control), Tonya Kuper (Anomaly), and Chris Raabe (Phenomenon trilogy) will discuss their most recent works onWednesday, October 15, at 7 p.m. at Milton R. Abrahams Branch. Furthermore, they will talk about how this year’s Teen Read Week theme, “Turn Dreams Into Reality,” applies to their own experiences of becoming published authors."

If you're in Omaha, I'd love to see you there!

Later this week, I'll be at the Vegas Valley Book Festival.


If you're in or near Las Vegas on Saturday, come meet a slew of great authors who will be on panel discussions and signing books! 

How about you guys? What writing are you up to these days? What are you reading right now?

10 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like you're super busy. I'm just getting through work and high school swim season.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck at the library. Not sure I could write with Fluffy staring at me.

J E Oneil said...

I'm with Alex. Fluffy is watching me!

Enjoy your chocolate :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Can you mail Fluffy to me? I need to feel like someone is watching so I can get more work done out of guilt, if nothing else.

I've been reading more MG, too. Partly because I'm waiting for the edit letter on Book 3 of my MG fantasy series. Partly because I'm slogging through the first draft of a MG science fiction manuscript. (I'm the opposite of you. I hate first drafts!) And partly because I'm a little tired of intense/edgy YA angst. I need more fun in my life!

Catherine Stine said...

Cool beans, you sound quite busy!
As for me, I have two books launching this fall, Private Internship under my pen name, Kitsy Clare, and Dorianna, a YA horror! So I am crazed with creating content for blog tours and doing social media. I've kind of gotten into Facebook parties, which I never thought I would. :)

Southpaw HR Sinclair said...

I like Mr.- Mrs.? Fluffy Marshmallow. Way too cute. For me, right now I'm running c cookbook blog tour and trying to deal with 96% humidity.

CA Heaven said...

The public library is a nice place to be.

Currently I'm reading a book by Haruki Murakami. He was one of the bookmakers' favorite for the Nobel Prize this year, but didn't win

Cold As Heaven

LD Masterson said...

I'm afraid I'd start asking Fluffy for advice. And then wait for an answer. (I'm a master procrastinator.)

Caryn Caldwell said...

Fluffy Marshmallow is adorable! How fun to have him/her/it as a writing companion. And those Hershey Kisses look delicious. Enjoy! I hope they make the revisions more pleasant.

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Well here's a website that had me wait wait, I finally found the website also very contains a lot of benefits in your website is

Jual Obat Maag
Obat Herbal Infeksi Jantung
Obat Hipertiroid Tradisional
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Obat Ginjal Mengecil
Obat Batuk Kronis
Menghilangkan Sakit Pinggang
Obat Tumor Parotis
Obat Lemak Dalam Darah
Obat Polip Hidung Alami