Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Authors for CCHS Fundraiser starts TODAY!


Photo permission through Anne and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital

In the fall of 2010, I was studying for my Internal Medicine board recertification. Ondine's curse, or CCHS, came up in my studies and the idea of this affliction wouldn't leave me.

I imagined a teenage girl who suffered from this syndrome, one that would face impossible odds, love and loss, and a unearth secrets about herself and her loved ones. I imagined a girl with a possibly fatal flaw who would somehow find how strong she truly could be.

And so my book, CONTROL, was born. My protagonist, Zelia, is completely fictional and some details of her Ondine's Curse are fictionalized. However, there are real people who suffer from and survive with CCHS. 

From August 20th through September 20th, authors will be donating their books and their time to the Center of Autonomic Medicine in Pediatrics, or CAMP, program run through Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. CAMP provides individualized services for patients from 50 different countries and conducts research aimed to maximize their quality of life.

**If you donate, you can receive these gifts (donated by nearly SIXTY donating YA and kidlit authors!!!) as a thank you:

Book bundles
Swag packs
Skype visits
Character names in their upcoming books
Query Crits
15 Page Book Critiques

Please help spread the word and encourage your kidlit loving friends to donate! Every dollar matters, and every bit of awareness helps. 

Thank you so much! 




7 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

That's so awesome. I'll have to get out and spread the word. =)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Spreading the word right now!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like a wonderful cause Dr. I am taking a look now...

Nihad Cherif said...

That's amazing, i'll spread the word.
thank you
Weight loss programs

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Sounds like a wonderful cause...I'll spread the word too.

Norman Watkins said...

That was very nice of you and your fellow authors to gather for this cause. I say that books are great catalysts to carry on your inspiring messages to the community. And by donating some of your works to the community, I hope you have moved so many hearts to act on this charity. Cheers!

Norman Watkins @ eBay Giving Works

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Well here's a website that had me wait wait, I finally found the website also very contains a lot of benefits in your website is

Jual Obat Maag
Obat Herbal Infeksi Jantung
Obat Hipertiroid Tradisional
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Obat Ginjal Mengecil
Obat Batuk Kronis
Menghilangkan Sakit Pinggang
Obat Tumor Parotis
Obat Lemak Dalam Darah
Obat Polip Hidung Alami