Sunday, June 22, 2014

Crazy weather and summer writing!

Hi all!

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting my blog, but there are good reasons. I'm writing up a storm! I've been working on a new WIP and writing anywhere from 1000 to 4000 words a day, and having so much fun.

But that kind of wordage means I'm not nearly on Twitter/FB/Tumblr or blogging as I used to. But that's okay. Sometimes you just have to let things swing in a creative direction once in a while.

I'd been doing a lot of promo lately, with school visits and events (this weekend I'm teaching a writing workshop for the Teen Advisory Board at the La Vista Library in Nebraska, and in July I'm doing the Might Mississippi Book Blast tour and going to Comic Con for a diversity panel and signing books).

BUT I'm also finding that the best promo you can really do for yourself is to write more books and just get them out there if you can. So I'm writing and loving it!

I hope you all are doing well. Sooner or later, I'll get those photos of RT up here but for now, I'm following my bliss.

Also. The summer storms in Nebraska have been crazy! We've gotten hail and bad wind storms, and you may have heard of the twin twisters that hit Pilger, Nebraska. My family and house are doing fine, so thank you for those who have been worried! If you'd like to help those in need, please check out the Red Cross website to help Pilger residents.

So. How is your summer going?

(Also, meet our new pet lemon tree, Lemmy Lou. (Thanks to my hubs for the picture!)
She barely survived the hail. Here is one of her first blooms. It smelled like the sweetest perfume!)


19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

When you're in writing mode, something has to give. That's why I scaled back to one day a week - I needed time to write.
Glad your lemon tree survived. Will those blooms produce lemons?

A Lady's Life said...

Gosh I had a lemon tree for years and it never produced flowers. This
is great. Well you seem to be a very busy beaver lol
Good for you!

Deb Salisbury said...

Congratulations on a new WIP, and great word output!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Congratulations on putting the writing first. I've been blogging less as well, partly for travel, and partly for a new book I'm working on. I think we writers need to do that: put the writing first before networking. Glad things are going well for you.

Old Kitty said...

Glad you are having such a creative time!! Yay!!

And Lemmy Lou is beautiful! Hope the weather calms down! Take care
x

SA Larsenッ said...

Thrilled that you're writing with such verve! Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you're writing so much. I'm not blogging or being on Facebook or Twitter as much right now. Dealing with a lot of other personal things that need attention right now.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you're writing so much. I'm not blogging or being on Facebook or Twitter as much right now. Dealing with a lot of other personal things that need attention right now.

Slamdunk said...

Wow, keep up the great writing then.

Just returned from a 2 week beach vacation. The reality shock has not set in yet that I am really back.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

How is my summer going? What summer? I am still teaching!!!!

There's a dim light at the end of this tunnel. This IS the final week -- really final, for me -- but there is one more day with kids and two days of meeting to survive before that.

Then I hope to be writing up a storm, like you, and I also want to line up library visits and conferences and etc. I can't wait!

Jessie Humphries said...

It's good to hear from you, Lydia. I'm excited about your writing progress Mostly because I totally understand. I am finally finishing my WIP and completely loving it. It feels so productive :)

Southpaw said...

Lemmy Lou has such pretty flowers. Enjoy the flood of words!

Heather said...

Wow, your pumping out the words, congrats! You're absolutely right, sometimes the best promo is writing more books. Stay safe in that crazy weather.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Taking a break for creativity is really what we should be doing. Sorry to hear about Pilger. That has got to be scary to live under the threat of storms all summer.

Maurice Mitchell said...

1000 to 4000 words a day is impressive Lydia! Lemmy Lou is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Polark said...

You are being super productive! Good for you, Lydia! Enjoy some of summer fun, too!

Carol Riggs said...

Ah, so glad to hear you're okay despite the storms, and that you're WRITING! Sometimes social media has to take a backseat for important stuff like that. :) Enjoy!

Catherine Stine said...

Beautiful photo of the plant. It's great that you're on a writing roll. My writing's going well too. I have the 2nd in my NA Art of Love series coming out in the fall (with Inkspell). And I'm headed to a writers' retreat this week at the Cape. Can't wait!!!!

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Gairah Pria
Pengobatan Asma
Obat Insomnia Akut Terapi Susah Tidur
Kualitas Produk Greend World
Obat Pilek Menahun Pada Anak
Cara Menjaga Ginjal Agar Tetap Sehat
Obat Sembelit Dan Memperlancar BAB
Obat Penambah Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Alami Penghilang Rasa Lelah
Obat Pembersih Ginjal Kotor Alami
Obat Meningkatkan Kekebalan Tubuh Pada Penderita HIV Atau Aids