Monday, April 21, 2014

Geek Musings and Nutschell Blog Visit!

Yes, that is "Geek Musings" and not "Greek Muses." My brain is all on geek trivia and how much I (gulp) don't know. You'll see why, below. :)

I had a few calm weeks, but crazy book-related stuff n' traveling is re-commencing!

If you're in Omaha, I'll be at Bennington Library on Tuesday evening at 7 PM for a book signing and talk!
This weekend, I'm going to C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo). This is my first comic-con of any kind, so I'm totally psyched! I'll be on two panels on Saturday:
  • In Defense of YA, with April Tucholke, E.C. Blake, Kendare Blake, Seth Fishman and Shannon Stoker, followed by a book sale and signing.
  • Geek Geek Revolution, with Patrick Rothfuss, Seth Fishman, John Scalzi, and Kevin Hearne. This is where we battle over geekish trivia and I get my butt kicked in public, proving that instead of watching Star Wars over and over again, I should have been watching reruns of Firefly  and Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead. Ha!
And also this week, Nutschell Windsor is having me over on her blog for an book review on Monday, interview on Wednesday, and book giveaway on Friday. I've known Nutschell since I started blogging way back, so it is such a treat to be featured on her blog. Please come and stop by! 

So...am I writing? I'm trying to! I have edits due soon but I'm also trying to work on a new book that's a mix of contemporary and magical realism. So far, it's so fun! 

And finally, it's SPRING! We just did our Easter egg thing and I never get tired of watching the hunt! This magnolia is blooming in my front yard and I look forward to saying hello to these flowers every April. 


Have a great week, you guys! Are you enjoying spring? What are you writing this week?

16 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Looks like you've got such an event-filled week!! Yay for you! All the best, have fun and yay for Spring and Spring blooms! Happy Easter! Take care
x

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like you've got a great week planned. And yes, it feels so great to have Spring finally come.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Ooooh,I really hope I can attend a Comic Con someday!

I AM enjoying the spring-like weather, not that it's arrived. (Although it is still a bit nippy and we did have sleet and snow last Tuesday.)

What am I writing this week? I DON'T KNOW (sob)! I turned in my draft of Book 3 to my editor and while I'm happy that I was able to give her something I'm proud of, I know have an absence in my life.

I deserve a break, but I am happiest when writing. So I might play around with my Shiny New Idea, maybe even attempt a first chapter.

Liza said...

Best wishes on your panel discussions! Happy spring!

Barbara Watson said...

Enjoy your continuing adventures! Blossoming trees are my favorite part of spring. I planted one right outside our front window a few years ago just for me. I even named her because she's too beautiful to call a tree.

Mason Canyon said...

Wow, you do have a full week and with writing, don't see how you do it. Have fun with all your events. The flowers are beautiful.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are all over!
Caught Nutschell's review - awesome.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Any geek trivia contest that can be lost because of too much Star Wars trivia isn't worth playing Lydia. :)

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like spring is very busy for you.

No fun personal stuff for me over the next few weeks, but when the semester ends here shortly, I can again pursue my interests.

Enjoy your week, Dr.

Leslie S. Rose said...

Welcome to the Geekosphere. It's a wonderful land, but you do need to watch Firefly to hang with the cool kids.

Carol Riggs said...

Nice!--glad you're having/making time to write something new. I love magical realism. Looks like you're busy with author stuff, which is cool!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Have fun at your conventions and signings!

Spring flowers are such a welcome sight after long winters!

Kelly Polark said...

Your magnolias are beautiful!

How fun that you are going to Chicago ComicCon! I am a Star Wars girl myself and have never watched Firefly nor Buffy...
Enjoy! It will be less cold in Chicago than last time, but you will still need a jacket! :)

Catherine Stine said...

You are one busy lady! Yay for spring. Good luck with the writing and getting some done between activities.

LD Masterson said...

My grandson just lent me the complete Firefly collection if you need it.

Hope you had great week.

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Gairah Pria
Pengobatan Asma
Obat Insomnia Akut Terapi Susah Tidur
Kualitas Produk Greend World
Obat Pilek Menahun Pada Anak
Cara Menjaga Ginjal Agar Tetap Sehat
Obat Sembelit Dan Memperlancar BAB
Obat Penambah Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Alami Penghilang Rasa Lelah
Obat Pembersih Ginjal Kotor Alami
Obat Meningkatkan Kekebalan Tubuh Pada Penderita HIV Atau Aids