Monday, April 28, 2014

And I WON!

So C2E2 is over, and I'm happy to announce that I won the Geek Geek Revolution panel against three major SF/Fantasy authors, Seth Fishman, Patrick Rothfuss, and Kevin Hearne.) Woot! I got some awesome Star Wars notepads as the prize!

Some of my favorite questions that got asked and I was able to answer:

What are the names of the Dire Wolves in Game of Thrones? Greywind, Ghost, Summer, Shaggydog, Lady, and Nymerion.

What phrase is repeated in all six Star Wars movies? "I've got a bad feeling about this."

What is Star Wars Day? May the fourth.

How many siblings does Ron Weasley have, and can you name them? Charlie, Bill, Percy, Fred and George, and Ginny.

What is the best selling SF novel of all time? Dune.

What movie does this quote come from? "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that." 2001, A Space Odyssey

The YA book panel was also really fun. We answered a lot of questions to novel writers, and about the state of YA literature today. Great discussions!

And here are some fun pictures from C2E2:

It was cool to see this in the C2E2 program!
The audience at the Geek Geek Revolution panel
I bumped into Demitria Lunetta there!

Seth Fishman (doing his "I IS STRONG" pose), me, April Tucholke, Kendare Blake, and E.C. Blake
And here I am snuggling with a Storm Trooper. I was kind of star struck!
All in all, a really fun weekend! It was my first convention of this sort, and hopefully not my last!


This Saturday, May 3rd, I'll be at the Great Gigs event at the Philadelphia Science Festival. Any Philly friends, come out and say hi!

21 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on winning! Glad you had such a good experience.

Carol Riggs said...

Congrats on the win, woooo!! I admit I'm not as geeky as you, because I only knew half (?) the questions you listed. :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You looked like you has such fun there! :-)

Leandra Wallace said...

That is a super packed room! Glad you had fun, looked like it was a blast.

Bathwater said...

Wow sci/fi questions like that, I don't know if I'd be able to answer more than a few.

mooderino said...

Those were some tough questions. Well done!

mood
Moody Writing

Jenny Woolf said...

Well done! :) I couldnt have answered those questions.

Deb Salisbury said...

Congratulations, Lydia! How fun!

I love your photo with the storm trooper. :-)

Kelly Polark said...

Way to go, Lydia! I didn't realize that phrase was in all six Star Wars movies! I hope it's in the next one.

Looks like an amazing event!!

J E Oneil said...

Congratulations! I think this makes you emperor of the sci-fi/fantasy geeks :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congratulations! I thought I was a big geek, but I couldn't have gotten most of those questions right!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Wow! Sounds like a fantastic conference. I wouldn't have remembered all those answers. Congrats!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Impressive! Even if I knew all the answers, I doubt I could have answered under the pressure :)

Slamdunk said...

Congrats on the big win, Dr.! And you Shrinky Dink as well? Double A+.

Leslie S. Rose said...

Whoo hoo. Score one for sic-fi geeks around the world. I wouldn't have gotten Dune. Well done, you.

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the win.

Barbara Watson said...

What a fun experience! Enjoy this weekend also.

Shelly said...

Wonderful! Congratulations~

LD Masterson said...

Wow. I would have failed that quiz big time. Congratulations on your win. Glad you had a good time.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You are too awesome. I have a whole new level of respect for you. :)

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Gairah Pria
Pengobatan Asma
Obat Insomnia Akut Terapi Susah Tidur
Kualitas Produk Greend World
Obat Pilek Menahun Pada Anak
Cara Menjaga Ginjal Agar Tetap Sehat
Obat Sembelit Dan Memperlancar BAB
Obat Penambah Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Alami Penghilang Rasa Lelah
Obat Pembersih Ginjal Kotor Alami
Obat Meningkatkan Kekebalan Tubuh Pada Penderita HIV Atau Aids