Monday, March 3, 2014

St. Louis or Bust

Hi guys!

Well, that "walking-cold" turned into a "lying-facedown-cold" within a day of writing that last blog post. Man, it's not fun being hit sideways with a bad virus. Luckily, this helped make me feel a little better:


Really, I think seeing this image last night during the Oscars was the reason why I've turned the corner. Also, seeing Lupita Nyong'o winning Best Actress and hearing Cate Blanchett emphasize that movies with women protagonists were not "niche movies." YES.

Also, there was the butchering of Idina Menzel's name by John Travolta.

 Oy vey. I think he called her "Adele Dazeem?" Man. The dude needs to get some glasses, or the teleprompter person needs to be fired. Well, also, John needs to be fired. I mean, is it that hard to memorize a well known performer's name before you introduce her on live television? At the OSCARS? *shakes head*

ANYWHO.

So this Thursday, March 6th I'll be at the St. Charles Public Library (Kisker Road Branch) doing a book signing with Cole Gibsen and Antony John.

On Friday, March 7th I'll be at Hazelwood West Writers Week presenting to crowds of teens and teachers, maybe my biggest yet (200? 500? Yipes!)

Let's hope this cold is kicked to the curb for good before I go. If you're in St. Louis, please stop by! I'd love to see you!

Happy Monday everyone! Did you watch the Oscars? What was the most memorable part for you?

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you feel better real soon - you'll be facing a mob later this week!
Best part? The pizza delivery. That was priceless.

Laura Diamond said...

Hope you feel better soon--it's not fun being sick.

I didn't watch the Oscars, but I did watch my Twitter and FB feed. Seems like folks were happy overall with the awards. Loved all the selfies and photobombing, LOL!

Southpaw said...

Hope your all better before your events!

Barbara Watson said...

Maybe you'll come to Minneapolis sometime soon? :-) I didn't watch the Oscars.

Krispy said...

This was probably one of the most fun Oscars I've seen in a while. Loved the pizza thing and Ellen's epic selfie. Was also SO THRILLED Lupita Nyong'o and Alfonso CuarĂ³n won in their respective categories. YAY for diversity! And yes, that quote by Cate Blanchett was fantastic.

Anyway, hope you feel better ASAP, especially before your book events!

CA Heaven said...

No, I didnt watch the Oscars, and I didn't know that movies with female protags are considered niche movies. It's sad if its true. Some of my favorite movies have great female actresses (like Gong Li, Marianne Sagebrect and Juliette Binoche) in main roles. Maybe I'm into niche movies, or it might be that Europe and America are different >:)

Cold As Heaven

J E Oneil said...

Didn't watch the Oscars. Wasn't even paying attention enough to know they were on.

Feel better soon. Get lots of rest!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Hope you feel better soon. I did watch some of the Oscars until I couldn't stay awake. I never watch it, but it was fun.

Vicki Rocho said...

Awww, phooey. My family and I are coming to St. Louis this weekend, but won't get in until late Friday. Bummer. I know I've been gone for awhile, but it seems like EVERYONE has a book out now, and I missed all the fun and excitement. Congrats...if a bit belated!

Katy Anders said...

The most recent album I have by U2 is actually called, "How to Dismantle an Atom Bomb." There has to be a way to tie that photobomb in to that. I am just too drunk to think of it right now.

Mason Canyon said...

Hope you're feeling better before your signings. Didn't watch the Oscars but have enjoyed the coverage afterwards.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Hope you feel better soon! Have fun at your stops. No, I didn't watch, but I did read the tweets...does that count?

Maurice Mitchell said...

Man that bug is really going around. Being photobombed by Cumberbatch is a dream come true.

LD Masterson said...

I enjoyed the Oscars but I'm an Ellen fan so it was easy. Hope you feel better soon.

Kelly Polark said...

Hope you are feeling well and your events were wonderful!!!

I loved Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto at the Oscars. And I tell you Lupita has been stunning at each and every awards show. Classy, vibrant dresses. I want her wardrobe.

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS