Monday, March 10, 2014

Reporting Back!


So my trip to St. Louis was wonderful!

I got to meet Cole Gibsen, an old friend on QueryTracker, and Antony John, who shares the same publisher with me (Dial/Penguin.) He also has a delightful English accent!

I make weird faces when I'm talking.
And here is Sarah Bromley, who is also an old QT friend! Our QT names are Senshi (Cole), Magpie (Sarah) and MeddyK (me).
I also don't like to show my teeth when I smile. *shrugs*
Antony's books are the Elemental series, and Firebrand is his latest!


Cole's new book just came out! It's the third in her Katana series.


And Sarah's book, A Murder of Magpies, comes out in September with Month9Books. I saw the cover and it is fantastic! It was so cool to chat with Sarah and Cole, after being on QT for a few years!

On Friday, I did a few talks for the students at Hazelwood West High school for their Writer's Week and it went great. Even though speaking to this group was a little intimidating:

Yep, the Principal and Superintendent were in the front row!
I'm relieved it all went well. I only had one bad coughing fit on stage, gah!

I hope you all are doing well. Got any plans for this lovely spring weather we're having? 

15 comments:

Shelly said...

You go, girl! So glad you are making the rounds of the schools. Those author talks really make an impression on the students.

Munk said...

Did you visit the arch?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet you did great though! Glad you got to meet up with some friends.

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!! Glad you had a most fabulous time! And look at that audience!! Yikes!! LOL! And of course you wowed them!! Yay for you! Take care
x

mooderino said...

Sounds pretty awesome. So happy it's going great.

mood
Moody Writing

J E Oneil said...

Unfortunately, the lovely spring weather has taken a spring break around here. There was more snow this morning, though only a little.

Sounds like you had fun :). I hope that nasty cold stays away.

SA Larsenッ said...

You one upped the principal and superintendent. Nice done!!!

This is so exciting. I love the notice they printed up, too. So, so cool.

Sheri at Writer's Alley

Home of Rebel Writer CREED 2014
Mighty Minion Bureau Team #atozchallenge

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yes, I would have been nervous. Glad it went so well and that you got to see friends.

Today was lovely-40's. But tomorrow we get 4-6 inches snow. Ugh.

Jessie Humphries said...

That looks like so much fun! Are you going to go to the Luckys/OneFours retreat?

Bossy Betty said...

So cool!!! I know you inspired a lot of people!

Barbara Watson said...

Exciting report! I especially love the photo of the high school auditorium. As an English teacher, my heart flip-flopped.

Karen Lange said...

Glad things went so well! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. :)

Kelly Polark said...

Glad you had another great trip!
Love the photo of your student audience! Lucky kids!

LD Masterson said...

I'm glad it went well. It's important to keep the kids connected with reading and the writing process.

Slamdunk said...

Glad St. Louis was fun for you. The spring weather is evading us--cold and blah still. I am sure we will all be happy to get out and ride the bicycles and hike in a few weeks though.

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS