Friday, February 28, 2014

Nyquil Booziness

So I'm sick. I have this nasty cold, laryngitis, cough, nose-faucet and it just sucks. You've heard of walking pneumonia, right? Well this is a walking cold. Not bad enough that I need to be in bed all day, but bad enough that I feel like my brain's been stuffed with cotton.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I'm trying to keep up with blogging (if trying means thinking about it every day, and not necessarily putting finger to keyboard.) But my schedule has been getting more crammed since my book came out and something's gotta give.

So I'll be trying to blog weekly (unless hit by a walking cold, in which case I'll blog on a random Friday. Hello!) I have a great Medical Mondays coming up soon, as well as updates on my future bookish travels.

But I just wanted to wave my tissue-laden hands and say "HI!" to all of you. I miss you guys. I know your lives are super busy so if you do stop by, thank you, thank you.

*Squishy germ-filled hugs from Lydia*

Also, one last word of advice--Nyquil makes you do bad things. Like eat BBQ chips in bed. Just a word of advice. Don't do anything on Nyquil except SLEEP. Ha.

19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you've sick. Nothing like feeling like the walking dead. Hope you'll be back full force on Monday.

Connie Keller said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Can't wait to read new Medical Mondays and hear about your bookish travels.

Barbara Watson said...

It's understandable that you have to rearrange priorities right now. And I hope you feel better soon!

Shelly said...

Ahhh- get better soon! And hide the chips...

Jessie Humphries said...

Haha, I love Nyquil booziness! One time (in college) I took some and then went outside my apartment with my sister to get a soda pop out of the vending machine. A scary dude came out of nowhere and I ran...but straight into the wall! My sister started laughing so hard she was crying, and I was crying so hard that I peed my pants. Dislocated shoulder and lying in my own urine...yes, I love the Nyquil! (The dude ran away though, so this is a good ending).

Donna Hosie said...

Get well soon. I'm another one consigned to my sick bed.

Southpaw said...

That bad 'ol Nyquil. I hope you feel better soon too.

Deb Salisbury said...

Long-distance virtual hugs, Lydia. ;-)

I hope you feel better soon!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Hope you feel better soon. I had my bout with the flu. I am hoping that exempts me for the rest of the winter. Squishy hugs back at ya!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Sorry you caught the crud. :squishy non-germy hugs to you: Feel better soon. And you're right - nothing but sleep after Nyquil... that's all I can do after Nyquil. ;o)

Carol Riggs said...

Aw, feel better! (My daughters, when young, were always delighted when I got laryngitis and couldn't boss them around LOL).

Ugh, Nyquil!--I got bad nightmares taking that stuff once. Shudder. Never again. I'm glad you're reducing your schedule where you can. Rest up!!

LD Masterson said...

I understand. I staggered downstairs the morning and told my husband I had a NyQuil hangover. No one should have to feel this bad without having a whole lot of fun the night before.

Here's hoping we both feel better.

mooderino said...

Be well! No prescribing yourself more chips.

mood
Moody Writing

J E Oneil said...

Poor Lydia. I hope the germs stay away.

Donna Hole said...

I hate being sick. I hope you feel better soon.

.....dhole

Mason Canyon said...

Hope you're feeling better, Lydia.

Simone said...

Feel better soon!!!

Catherine Stine said...

Feel better, and don;t feel guilty about blogging once a week! You need to write, and lounge like the rest of us.

nutschell said...

Sorry to hear you're sick! I hope you feel better soon!
don't know if this'll cheer you up but I nominated you for an award on my blog :D
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS