Monday, January 6, 2014

Checking into the New Year

Hey everyone!

Wow, what crazy few weeks I've had. There was family over, and snow, and winter holidays with the kids...oh, and a minor event of my book being released on December 26th.

So what does a debut author do on the day that her book releases?

Well, have a debauchery-filled party, complete with gnomes, champagne, Senators in pink wigs, and lots of wild turkeys running around, of course! Also visiting every bookstore in a 100 mile radius and taking tongue-wagging photos next to them and asking strangers to buy them!

Yes. I'm kidding. 

Being the day after Christmas, I opted to hang out with my family and parents. I did have some champagne. :)  But I didn't even visit a bookstore, because honestly? I was so nervous about it! So I sent my hubby and Dad. And they verified that yes, my book was in the bookstore. and Yes, people were actually buying it.

A few days later, I went in to the Bookworm (our local Indie) to sign a few books I'd promised to those that had preordered, and I saw this:


Yes, I almost yelped for joy when I saw this! (Rainbow is a fellow Omaha author.)

So now it's January, and I should be super relaxed right?

Well, erm, no. I actually have a huge revision deadline by the end of the month and it's been a lot of work. So I'll be blogging sporadically and doing a few posts over at the League of Extraordinary Writers. But if you see me in person and I look like I'm still in my pajamas, you'll know why.

Here are some events coming up, in case you're in Omaha:

Launch/signing/party at the Bookworm on January 18th between 2-5 PM. I'd love to see you there!

Poetry reading and book selling/signing at the Slowdown on January 21st at 7 PM for the Seven Doctors Projects.

Book reading and selling/signing at Metropolitan Community College, January 30th at 7 PM.

Have a great January, guys! And thank you again for your support with CONTROL!

28 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh Lydia!! What a FABULOUS start to your New Year!! That pic says a million thousand words all beginning with "Squeeeeeeeeee!"! LOL! Huge congratulations! Wishing you and yours a fabulous 2014! Take care
x

mooderino said...

Wishing you every success.

mood
Moody Writing

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just remember to enjoy it, Lydia!

Connie Keller said...

Congratulations! I loved seeing the photo of the books--every writer's dream.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for sharing the reality of your book release. I think I'd be experiencing a lot of what you have. Congrats on your debut and like Alex said, be sure to enjoy it.

Slamdunk said...

Go Dr. go! Glad husband and dad are earning their spy merit badges.

Barbara Watson said...

Enjoy this time. Take time to bask, even though it's busy.

Deb Salisbury said...

Congratulations on your release, Lydia! How cool to see Control in a bookstore!

I'm wishing you smooth sailing on your revisions. :-)

Stephen Tremp said...

Congrats! Lydia on the release of Control. I'll spotlight it next week as my Author of the Week. Good luck with everything.

Misha Gericke said...

Congrats! All the best with your book and the new year. :-)

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats, Lydia! What a whirlwind the last few weeks must have been! Looking forward to your Chicago signing!! :)

Shelly said...

Such a wonderful way to start the new year- congratulations!

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! Lydia, I'm so stoked. Your beautiful book finally unleashed... Here's to an amazing debut year!

alexia said...

I think my previous comment got eaten... so let's try again :)

Congrats and Happy New Year! What an exciting end to 2013 and start to 2014!

Krispy said...

You know I'd be at your launch if I were anywhere NEAR Omaha, but I hope you have the best time. Congrats again, Lydia!!!

SA Larsenッ said...

Shh... Don't kid about the Senators in pink wigs. They might hear you.

Seriously, congratulations!!! Here's to more success for the new year!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

What an awesome display! I'm glad you had a great launch. I'm very much looking forward to reading CONTROL. :)

J E Oneil said...

That party doesn't make sense. Where would you get pink wigs?

Your book on display in stores. So cool! Congratulations!

Angela Brown said...

Sounds like you had a calm but successful release of Control. Spending time with family and friends is a very good idea. Though I must admit the Senators and pink wigs would have been a hoot :-)

Emily R. King said...

Loving that picture! Huge congrats on your release. So exciting!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I was a little disappointed about the gnomes, but left with the excitement of a launch for you! I'm sure it will be an awesome read...it's on my list!

Leslie S. Rose said...

Whoo hoo. What a thrill just seeing the picture of Control. It's waiting for me on my Kindle. Congrats and all the best in 2014.

Alex Villasante said...

I'm so excited for you! I sort of slipped down the Christmas wormhole but when I opened my Writers Digest this morning and saw you in their BREAKING IN section I gave a shriek that scared my five year old. I'M SO EXCITED TO READ CONTROL! Congratulations and massive hugs!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

What a wonderful sight to be greeted with at the bookstore. Yay! Good luck with those revisions and upcoming deadline!

Jai Joshi said...

Congratulations again on the book release! I know what you mean about not being able to slow down. Good luck with those book signings and events! Just remember to smile and enjoy it, the nerves will work themselves out.

I'm so late to this party but I'm blogging about Control tomorrow. I'm so proud of your achievement! Also, a few days ago I was posting a youtube video about Stendahl Syndrome and mentioned how I first learned about it from your blog. People have been asking me about you and I've been directing them here.

Jai

Tammy Theriault said...

AWESOME! How cool to get to do some promo work. Good luck with all your success!

Catherine Stine said...

So fun to see your book in a store! I bought a copy of Control, and it's pretty cool so far. Love the futuristic vibe and techy gear.

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Tidak Semua Benjolan Berarti Kanker
Bahaya Konsumsi Semut Jepang Bagi Penderita Diabetes
Jupe Hidup Sehat Dengan Vegetarian
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Secara Alami
Bahaya Diet Paleo Bagi Penderita Diabetes
Cara Menurunkan Kolesterol Yang Terlanjur Tinggi
Jamu Tradisional Penghilang Penyakit
Alasan Syaraf Kejepit Berbahaya Bagi Kesehatan
Obat Herbal Untuk Ibu Hamil
Tips Pengobatan Penyakit Wasir Cair Alami