I finally lifted my head up today and looked around, wondering...what HAVE I been doing all week? A whole lot of busy nothings and somethings.
October hit and I realized CONTROL's release is less than three months away. Suddenly, it doesn't seem so far off anymore and I've been trying to mobilize myself for what's going to happen after the release. Things like launch party, going to conferences and book festivals, and generally being a non-introvert (EEK).
So here's a random (and not so random) list of things I've been up to.
1. Revising a new book that may or may not ever see the light of day. One of the things I'm proud of is is I get to delve into my own Korean culture to furnish this world, and that's been fun!
2. I got a prose poem published this past summer! I keep forgetting to say anything about it. The poem is called "The Clot" and it's in Great Weather for Media's summer anthology, The Understanding Between Foxes and Light.
3. I have a team of people helping me with Control's publicity and marketing. (That sentence I just wrote? Weird. Dream come true, but...weird.) I met the Penguin team in August and I'm excited about what they've got planned to help get the word out about Control. (Like the cool Goodreads Giveaway of 5 copies of Control ARCs going on right now--enter here!) And I'm also working with Dana Kaye Publicity, who's been amazing with helping me set up lots of events after Control comes out. :)
4. The RT convention is not around the corner, but if you want to go, time to register. I went to RT (Romance Times) last year for one day; this year I'm going for almost a week in May and only just found out that I made it onto several panels and events! So if you'd like to be surrounded by books, authors, and New Orleans culture, it's time to sign up!
6. I promised my son I would hand-make a blue octopus costume for Halloween, because we can't find one ready made that isn't a million bucks. So yeah, I just cut the sleeves off of some super cheap blue shirts and have MUCH sewing to do. Soon. And tentacle stuffing. And sucker glueing. Gads, what I gotten myself into?
This will be my son, soon enough. If I can get my act together...
7. Getting over bronchitis. It's so not fun coughing like you're dying of galloping consumption and about to fade away like Ruby Gillis in Anne of the Island. (Oh, I just got my PPD and it's NEGATIVE. Just FYI.)
|Ruby, pre-TB. Source|
8. Today is my birthday. I've been too busy to notice my schmirffday (which seems like a better word for it, as it sounds like how I feel when I hear the dreaded word). When I decided to write a blog for today, I was like, what? What am I going to blog about? Is it October already? OMG, look at the date; I'm old tomorrow. When did that creep up on me? I'm not going to tell you how old I am, except to say it's older than you think. Let's put it this way--I've been invited to a Prom Party at the Vegas Valley Book Festival in November, and if I go, I'm wearing my junior prom dress, a black polka dotted Laura Ashley dress. I don't even think that's cool enough to call retro, isn't that sad? So that pretty much tell you what you need to know, birth-date wise. :)
What are you guys up to these days? Tell me one thing that's been keeping you occupied lately!