Thursday, October 24, 2013

OktoberFret!


Not OktoberFest.

It's OktoberFret!

The month where you realize summer days are really, truly, coldly over and the dead leaves raining down are proof. And suddenly, the things you promised to finish by September 1st are still not done, and the things you thought were forever away are just around the corner (hello, launch day in 62 days and counting!)

*bites fingernails*

So goodbye, weeds in my garden that are taller than my head. I'll let winter take care of you.

Never mind to the pile of books I still haven't read. It'll have to wait until vacation.

Hello book-I-need-to-write, which I wanted to start writing a month ago. Sorry I'm late.

Bonjour, author who must promote herself and her book, because it's part of the job these days. I am you and you are me and that's that. Trying to be brave instead of bashful and it's kind of weird!

And welcome to chilly temperatures that I'm not ready for, even though I always say I'm a Fall/Winter girl. After getting a snowstorm this past May, I was never more happy about summer in my whole life. And now it's gone!

Anyway. Enough fretting! I'm chowing down on some candy corn and getting over it! Halloween is on the way, my kid's costumes are all put together, the air smells faintly smoky and delicious, and I have a good pair of boots to wear. So take that, OktoberFret!

What are your favorite things about October? 
Have you been fretting over anything lately?

And before I go, a few thanks!

Thank you all for the tweets about my Buzzfeed post on 18 Weird Things That Authors Do. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

Thank you for reading the excerpts of CONTROL on Wattpad. I've been revealing new pages with every 50 reads. Part 5 goes up today sometime!

And finally, thank you for entering the ARC giveaway of CONTROL on Goodreads. It closes on October 26th, so if you haven't entered to win one of five copies, please do so!

14 comments:

Ron Smith said...

I need candycorn. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm still sitting outside in warm Maryland weather. There's a spot at the Local Barnes & Noble that I call the Magic Spot. Even if it's 48 degrees, like today, if the sun is out my little spot is nice and warm.

Fall for me is melancholy and introspective, and I have certain music I always listen to during the season.

Bryan Russell said...

I like it when the air is smoky and delicious.

Southpaw said...

OMG! The 18 Things was hysterical!

I love fall, I love the crispness of the air but, wow, I'm behind in everything myself.

Catherine Stine said...

I do love fall and the chilly weather! I'm doing Nanowrimo this year to jumpstart a new project. Looking forward to it. And hey, I still have kale and Brussels Sprout sin my garden!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's right - after the third bag of candy corn, you won't even care.
Fall is my second favorite season. Gone is the heat and humidity. But we get football!

Shelly said...

Loved the 18 things! We've still got at least a couple more weeks of summer before a hint of fall arrives~

Casey L. Clark said...

The summer did go crazy fast... and so many things in my life changed that my head is still spinning!!

I like your philosophy! I shall eat candy and get over it! :D

I wish you the best of luck in starting your new book!! *just in time to feed off the NaNoWriMo frenzy!*

And I can not WAIT for Control!!

Deb Salisbury said...

LOL! I've been begging for fall for three months. I'm soooo grateful for cool weather. It's only 77 today.

I thought you'd have fretting over NaNo on your list, too. ;-)

Krispy said...

Mmm, candy corn! I can't believe October is already coming to an end either. This is crazy! Someone slow this planet down!

In other news, I am so excited for you and your book. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. :)

Connie Keller said...

I love autumn too. But this year, it's come too quickly. I'm thankful for the weather, but my to-do-by-fall list didn't get done. Gulp. Oh well, time for some spiced apple cider with a little brandy added. Yum.

J E Oneil said...

Why does it seem like everything is happening at once? Plus there was frost on the windows yesterday. It's too early to be cold!

Have fun with your candy corn before it disappears until next year!

Miranda Hardy said...

Enjoy that candy corn, and I look forward to getting your book in my hands!

Meredith said...

Yes, candy corn solves all anxiety problems. :) Yay for 62 days until launch! I can't even imagine how stressful that must be for you, but I'm so excited to buy your book!

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Well here's a website that had me wait wait, I finally found the website also very contains a lot of benefits in your website is

Meningkatkan Asupan Vitamin B12 Agar Terhindar Penyakit
Makanan Dan Minuman Yang Mampu Mencegah Kanker Serviks
Beberapa Jenis Manfaat Buah Kelapa Bagi Kesehatan
Penyakit Yang Bisa Di Sebabkan Kelelahan Fisik
Pentingnya Pemeriksaan Kesehatan Pranikah
Informasi Seputar Hamil Anggur
Beberapa Cara Mengatasi Wasir Dalam Masa Kehamilan
Tips Pengobatan Alami Penghilang Tumor Bibir
Tips Pengobatan Insomnia Secara Alami
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Asma Secara Alami