Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Going to ALA!


Hey guys! I'm going to the American Library Association's annual conference in Chicago this weekend.

Have you ever gone? It's my first time and I'm excited and nervous! In case you're going to be there, here's my schedule:

Friday at 11 AM, I'm in a panel with fellow Class of 2K13ers with Veronica Roth.
There are already almost 400 people signed up for it, which is sorta freaking me out. Also, Veronica Roth (Did you hear Divergent is becoming a movie? Like, now? OMG) is moderating, which also sorta freaks me out. And also, I'll be stuffing almost 160 swag bags with classmates the night before. I might get a stuffing-sprain.

Friday from 4-7PM, I'll be at the Bookcellar for Demitria Lunetta's IN THE AFTER book release and Class of 2K13 book/swag signing.
I'll be reading a passage from CONTROL. I haven't decided which passage to pick. I might decide, oh, five minutes before. Because I'm indecisive like that.

Friday 7:30-9:30 I'm going to try to make it to the Chicagoland Kidlit Drinks Night/YA Highway/Stacked ALA13 party. Come if you can! I'll be the person in the corner passed out from sensory overload, not alcohol.

Saturday, I will be recovering and wandering aimlessly around ALA in a daze. If you see me, feel free to hand me coffee and snacks. I will not say no. Also, I'll probably be carrying around swag so ask and I'll be happy to give some out!

CONTROL arcs will be given out at the Penguin booth and I'm going to try to snap a picture!

Are you going to ALA? If so, let me know in the comments or email. I'd love to meet and say hi!

*******

One last thing. So...there's this new New Adult author who wrote this fantastic, 
hyper-awesome romance called SPIRAL
It's such a great book, with depth, and heart, and intelligence, and epic amounts of romance. 
 The author is Mila Ferrera and if you'd be interested in being part of her upcoming blog tour (I'll be in it!) called "Always Do The Thing That Scares You" click here. :)

15 comments:

Connie Keller said...

Wow! That sounds amazing. I hope you have a great time. I can't wait to see pictures.

Shelly said...

Sounds like it will be wonderful fun! have a terrific time~

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't freak out! I'm sure you'll do great.

Bathwater said...

Sounds like you are going to have a good time. Chicago is a great town. I am going to be there next month.

SA Larsenッ said...

I've never been. You must be thrilled! Have a blast. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

Spiral sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kelly Polark said...

Sounds like a blast, Lydia! I REALLY need to go. And I live about 75 minutes from Chicago. I'm volunteering at my son's camp on Friday otherwise I should have gone for it that day!

HAVE FUN! One day I will go when kids' activities and sports don't rule my weekends!

Deb Salisbury said...

Woohoo! How cool, Lydia! Have fun!!!

LD Masterson said...

Have a fabulous time.

mooderino said...

Sounds very exciting. Let us know who it goes.

mood
Moody Writing

Mrs. Silverstein said...

Oh my gosh, have a great time! Try to find small moments of down time in between all the crazy awesome stuff--it really helps me to manage my social anxiety/sensory overload/exhaustion at big conferences. And take pictures! (That's what I always forget to do.)

J E Oneil said...

Cool! Have fun. Just be careful not to let your swag bags trap you. You my suffocate under them.

Christina Farley said...

Have fun! I'm very jealous. I wish I was going. I hope you tell us all about it when you come back.

Matthew MacNish said...

That's tomorrow! Enjoy, Lydia.

Wendy Lu said...

The conference sounds fantastic, Lydia! Definitely let us know how it went. I did see your photos from the event on Twitter, which all looked very exciting! (Especially the Control table - those bookmarks!)

~Wendy Lu

The Red Angel Blog

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Makanan Sehat Yang Mampu Mencegah Datangnya Penyakit Kanker
Awas Polusi Udara Bisa Sebabkan Anak Asma
Cara Mengatasi Masalah Ejakulasi Dini
Penyakit Pada Organ Vagina Bisa Disebabkan Virus Dan Bakteri
Beberapa Lurah Cantik Yang Ada Di Indonesia
Obat Infeksi Jantung Yang Paling Aman
Obat Herbal Penghancur Lemak Dalam Darah
Makanan Sehat Penderita Batu Empedu
Tips Alami Untuk Membersihkan Kuman Akibat Penyakit
Waspada Meningitis Bakteri Yang Menyerang Bayi