Monday, March 11, 2013

A Very Special Debut: Bridget Zinn & POISON

I only heard about Bridget Zinn a few weeks ago and I had to post this.

Bridget's debut novel, POISON, debuts tomorrow on March 12th. What a dream come true! The story is fantastic, the cover is perfect, and it should be an otherwise celebratory day.

Tragically, Bridget died from cancer in May of 2011. She was only 33 years old. You can read about her story here.

So to honor a fellow writer, please, please spread the word.

And if you can, buy POISON and see for yourself what sort of exquisite story she has created for the world.

Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she's the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.

But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart… misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she's certainly no damsel-in-distress—she's the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.

Purchase on:


Spread the word! 
Celebrate the release of POISON on March 12th!

21 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'll definitely spread the word on Facebook. I'm already booked on my blog. This sounds like a story I'd like. I'll have to check it out.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

This does sound like a unique book, and I love the cover. I am so sad Bridget did not live to see her book make it into the world, but I love the people who made it happen in her absence. Love them. Whoever they are.

Old Kitty said...

Oh no! I feel all teary-eyed now. Oh dear. :-(

Take care
x

SA Larsenッ said...

My heart just skipped a few beats. I will definitely spread the word about this book and author. I've seen it around the blogosphere. I looks and sounds like something I'd definitely enjoy.

Laura Pauling said...

I've known about this for a while. Brings tears to my eyes every time. Not just b/c of her book but b/c of her family and friends she left behind.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love the writer unity; saddened that Bridget did't get to enjoy it.

Karen Lange said...

How sad! It's nice though, that her legacy lives on through her book. Thanks for the info.

Shelly said...

Oh, how incredibly sad! I have to read her book now to honor her.

Linda Gray said...

This is heartbreaking. The book sounds like a wonderful YA read with a great twist on a protagonist's persona. So good that Bridget has a legacy like this.

Barbara Watson said...

What a fantastic premise! And I hope Bridget knew her dream was coming true before she died.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sad she didn't get to see her dream come true, but her words are now immortal.

Kerri Cuev said...

Sounds like a great book from an amazing woman. Her dream shall live on, and she'll be in our hearts.

Southpaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Southpaw said...

The book sounds really good. I read (I think on her site) that she didn't want something full of teenage angst but something lighter and more fun. It's on my booklist.

lbdiamond said...

What a story!!! I've got Poison loaded on my kindle app.

Jessie Humphries said...

So sad and yet so amazing how the writing community has come out to support her!

unikorna said...

Good luck Bridget, Poison seems like a very intriguing read :).

amcdir said...

Very nice article. I like your story. Thanks for sharing this...

Orange County implant dentist

Carol Riggs said...

She was an Oregon writer, but I never got the chance to meet her (while I lived in Oregon). I ADORE her cover, however, and I think this is great that her novel is being released!

Srikanto Bormon said...

Amazing post. I enjoyed a lot.
I would to share this: www.inventhistory.com

Medical Mirror
inventhistory
Medical Stethoscopes and Sphygmomanometers
Electronic Cigarette
Stark Hand

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Ciri Dan Tanda Anak Terkena Pelecehan Seksual
Cara Menghilangkan Noda Hitam Di Wajah Bekas Jerawat
Obat Sakit Bernafas Dan Berbunyi
Obat Tumor Rahang Dan Gigi Atas Bawah
Obat Kanker Payudara Yang Menyerang Ke Tulang
Hilangkan Batuk Filek Dengan Jahe
Obat Untuk Menjaga Lambung Agar Tetap Sehat
Cara Alami Menghilangkan Nyeri Dada Saat Bernafas
Cara Memutihkan Selangkangan Secara Alami
Obat Infeksi Akut Di Kepala Dan Leher