Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013! Holy Goal-y!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's officially 2013!

I'm pretty excited, because this is the year that my book is going to debut.

Okay, so it's debuting in December and I basically have to wait another year. But hey, who's counting months? And days? And hours?

Me?

Nah.

Now, surely you are all making New Year's Resolutions, those tasty morsels of hope and change that magically turn into green nuggets of spoiled feculence that haunt us as early as March.


Let's not call them resolutions. Sounds too much like revolutions, which gets me both dizzy and contemplating post-apocalyptic scenarios.

Let's call them Goals. 

What are my goals? They are threefold.

Physical: Try to do something un-couch potato-y at least three times a week. Eat less refined anything--sugar, flour, and eat more faceless foods, like veggies and fruit.

Mental: Be like Edna Mode, from the Incredibles: "I never look back, dahling. It distracts from the NOW." In other words, don't be overly obsessed with past mistakes and future stuff. Be here and be present (especially where family is concerned.)

Reader-ial
(I know this isn't a word. Just go with it.): Try to consume a little more non-fiction. It gets the ideas flowing and charges up my smarty fact batteries.

Authorial: Keep distractions to a minimum. (Ha! I'm going to break this one in five minutes.) Promote my book as reasonably as possible without grossing myself out. Write, write, write.

There are other goals, but I'm trying not to bore you. (Podiatrial: keep toes well exfoliated. Phobial: remember that spiders are my friends, most of the time.)

What about you? What kinds of goals do you have this year?

28 comments:

prerna pickett said...

i think those are awesome goals! hope you have a fantastic 2013!

BECKY said...

Great goals, Lydia! I haven't really set any for myself...yet! But, I too have my first book coming out this year! Congrats on yours! And Woo-Hoo for both of us! :)

Old Kitty said...

Happy happy happy New Year to you lovely Lydia!!!! May you achieve all your super duper goals and then some!! Take care
x

linda said...

Haha, love your goal categories. Best of luck! :)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

My list of goals get longer each year, haha. So I am trying to un-goal a bit and want to come up with one(1) significant goal that will serve the others.
Well, I am trying :)

Connie Keller said...

Loved this post! Especially the Edna Mode line--I love Edna. "Go...Fight! Win! And call me when you get back, darling, I enjoy our visits." :)

One of my goals is to up my reading of non-fiction too. (Though I started a few weeks ago, so I'd be "in the groove" and it would be easier to continue.)

shelly said...

This year I will be posting the bare minimum blogs so I can finish a series this year.

Happy New Year!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

B.E. Sanderson said...

Awesome goals, Lydia. I know you can do it. My goals this year are pretty much like last year - write, edit, query, lather rinse repeat. Try to survive to this time next year. =o)

A Lady's Life said...

Happy New Year Lydia!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Happy New Year and happy book release year! :)

alexia said...

Yay, debut release year!!! I'm with you on exercisey things and living in the moment. And writing of course. But hey, spiders are never our friends. They are tiny bits of evil and terror. Just sayin' :)

Deb Salisbury said...

LOL! Great goals!

Happy New Year, Lydia!!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Love your goals. I think mine works much like yours. I'm trying to remember that every breath is a second chance in all aspects of living.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And your life will never be the same after that book release!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

That Edna is a genius!

Best of luck on the release (and best of patience till it gets here)

DL Hammons said...

I have only one goal this year, and it has nothing to do with writing. Once I achieve it...everything else will be gravy! :)

Happy New Year!

The Golden Eagle said...

Those are great goals!

Happy 2013. :)

Christina Farley said...

Love these goals! Happy 2013! It's going to be a wild but amazing ride.

JEFritz said...

This December seemed to sneak up quite quickly. Maybe this one will too and everyone will have an awesome new book to read.

My own resolutions, er, goals, are more writing related. I always feel I need to be more disciplined about it. Well, whatever. Happy New Year!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Goals are much better than resolutions. Like stars, you may never reach them, but you can chart your course to a better horizon by them! And your goals are fascinating. Take today and savor it, for tomorrow is only a mist on the horizon. And better eating and exercise is always wise. Non-fiction reading is fun for me. Have a great 2013!!

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm just going to keep on keeping on. I don't like hard goals and deadlines.

Krispy said...

Being present is totally my goal this year as well! That and trying not to be a total lazy-pants.

I'm so excited it's your debut year! I'm counting down with you (though probably way less obsessively...)

Happy New Year! :)

Southpaw said...

I love the goal categories!

Happy New Year!

M. R. Pritchard said...

Congrats on the book release! I tend not to set goals in January, instead I look back at the end of the year, at all I've accomplished.

Barbara Watson said...

I have goals too. Not resolutions. This year I'm querying.

LTM said...

oh, I am SO with you on the physical and the nutritional! I'm falling into bad habits up here in the land of snow... :P

Whee!!! December can't get here soon enough, my friend! CONTROL is going to be great!!! <3 <3

Bethany Myers said...

Happy New Year, Lydia!

Just wondering when you'll reveal the cover for CONTROLLED?

Cheers!

Eva Inka Nurmaisya said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Indra Bekti Dan Saipul Jamil Dikabarkan Pelecehan Seksual
Obat Untuk Membunuh Bakteri Dan Virus Dalam Tubuh
Rahasia Cantik Dari Kim Kardashian
Obat Herbal Infeksi Ginjal
Obat Pelancar Susah Bab
Obat Herbal Sakit Kepala Berat
Obat Pendarahan Kanker Serviks
Obat Kerusakan Jaringan Syaraf
Obat Tratak Atau Bercak Putih Pada Anak Dan Bayi
Obat Hidrosepalus Anak