Thursday, September 27, 2012

Leigh T. Moore interview & The Truth About Faking!

Please welcome Leigh T. Moore, a longtime blogging friend whose fun, YA contemporary novel, The Truth About Faking, is now available!
 
1. How long did it take to write The Truth About Faking? It’s funny because I wrote this book faster than any other book I’ve ever written. I literally had the whole thing done in two weeks. It was crazy. But then I spent two years revising it—LOL!
     Okay, not really. I did finish the first draft in the spring of 2010 and did revisions and started shopping it around to agents. Then I wrote my other book Rouge in the fall of 2010, and it hit faster for whatever reason. TTAF basically sat neglected for all of 2011. I picked it up again in March and thought, “Hey, this is really a great book! I need to do something with this.”

2. Plotter or pantser? Weird hybrid. No, I do make a plan—I try to write the whole story start to climax to finish before I begin (I do not call this a synopsis), and if that feels good, I dive in and start writing.
     But it’s not a rigid outline or anything. Like my original plan was for TTAF to be sad and angsty. But then Jason showed up, and he and Harley had such fun chemistry, it all turned happy and funny. So I guess I just kind of follow the characters.

3. Let's do some music. What song would you pick to personify Harley's personality? Hmm… good question. This is the only book I’ve ever written that didn’t have a playlist. I guess because it just happened so fast. Let me see… if I were to give Harley a song… Hmm… Maybe The Cure, “Just Like Heaven”? I dunno. You’ve stumped me. What do you think?

(I think the song is perfect! Warning: no Robert Smith in this video. But there's kissing. And moar kissing.)

4. You do contemporary YA and historical. Any other genres? Yes! I actually wrote a YA light sci-fi last spring that I adore. It’s a crazy adventure-romance set in south Mississippi with cows and aliens… the main character’s the assistant to a large-animal vet. Anyway, it’s tons of fun. I can’t wait to share it with readers. It’s currently with the agents, and I hate how slow that process is. But soon!

THANK YOU so much for having me, Lydia! It’s so great getting to share TTAF with everyone at last. I hope it makes people smile.



Jason just wants a date with Harley.
Harley just wants a date with Trent.
Trent's still getting over Stephanie.

When Harley and Jason decide to fake date, they uncover a school of deceptions. Trent's got a secret, but so does Jason. And the more time Harley spends secretly kissing her fake boyfriend, the further she gets from her dreams with Trent.

Worst of all, Harley's mom is getting cozy with her hot massage therapy student, and even Harley's Reverend Dad can't fake not being bothered by it. But when the masks finally come off, can everyone handle the real truth?
 
Available on Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, and Kobo!

You can find Leigh at her blog, on Facebook, and Goodreads! 

21 comments:

Yolanda Renee said...

Such an interesting title. Love the premise "when the masks finally come off, can everyone handle the real truth?"
And following the characters is the only way to write!

Shelly said...

Now this sound like a great read. Will it be on Kindle?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cows and aliens in Mississippi?
Good luck, Leigh!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great interview. So excited for Leigh! Loved hearing about your writing process. Good luck!

Kelly Polark said...

I have it on Kindle, SHelly!
I also read it in two nights because I loved it so much!!!

Karen Lange said...

Lydia, thanks for the intro to Leigh! Enjoyed the interview, it's always nice to hear how other writers work and think. :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Sounds like an excellent read. I will have to check it out. Good luck Leigh!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Like Alex, I am intrigued with the cows and aliens in Mississippi. Sounds like a fun read much like GIL'S ALL FRIGHT DINER with zombie cows! Best of luck, Leigh. You are a gem. You, too, Lydia.

Old Kitty said...

So so happy for beautiful LTM!! Yay!! Take care
x

LTM said...

whee! Thanks, Lydia, for having me here and for liking my book! Thanks commentators for being so awesome! And LOL! That song... it's just such a great love song, yes? Although I guess the end's kind of sad. :D

Alex/Roland, YA SF coming soon~ <3

Meredith said...

Um, how did I not know Leigh had a book out! I'm so behind! Off to get this one ASAP--it sounds soooo good!!!

Barbara Watson said...

I'm still amazed at how different each writer's process can be!

Those three tag lines about the book? Those are all I need.

shelly said...

Fake boyfriend? Sounds interesting. I should have had one of those in high school. Can't get into too much trouble with one of those. Right?

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Jai Joshi said...

Leigh, it sounds like a fun book. That's interesting that you wrote the first draft in two weeks, wow! I don't think I could ever write that fast without giving myself permanent brain damage. I salute your amazing stamina!

Jai

Romance Book Haven said...

Hi Lydia and Leigh!

Great interview. So excited for you Leigh, and loved hearing about your writing process.

All the best!

Nas :)

Caryn Caldwell said...

Great interview! The premise for The Truth About Faking sounds wonderful, but what I find most intriguing is the sci-fi. It sounds like so much fun!

Rachna Chhabria said...

This book sounds like a fun book. I would love to read it.

lbdiamond said...

Nice interview! Love your tagline--very enticing!

Coleen Patrick said...

I put The Truth About Faking on my to read list! Sounds like a great read. :)

Catherine Stine said...

Fun interview! Cows and aliens, why the heck not? I wish I could do a first draft as fast as Leigh. It takes me months...

J.L. Campbell said...

Some books are like a gift...and then comes the editing. Wishing you success with the Truth About Faking.

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS