I'm a little nervous about it. So nervous that I need to detail my anxiety in list-style.
1. I know I have another nice photo (see my avatar). This was done a few years ago for my doctor work on an article that was never published. I got digital rights to the photo, which is why you see it on my Twitter account and here, but for print/commercial rights it's waaaaay more expensive. Also, I'm miffed that it's a "I'm A Serious Author Holding A Pen That You Can't See and Touching My Face AND Not Looking At You" totally cliché photo. It bothers me.
2. Despite an active imagination, I can't seem to imagine away the aging process. I keep thinking, "Oh god, it's now or never they get this picture and freeze me in time when I still look passable." See below:
3. I don't know what to wear. I'm thinking casual (BUT NOT TOO CASUAL! I'm a doctor and need to be professional, right?). But I can't be too formal or teens will go, "Yecch. What a stiff, dorkified grown-up."
4. Makeup scares me. Too little and I'll look sad and tired. Too much and I'll look like I'm desperately trying to relive my college years. A happy medium is the key. Only...I don't know what that is. I'm much better at giving advice though. Check out Sarah Fine's author photo. So perfect!
5. My salt-tooth will kick in the night before and I will end up resembling rising bread dough. Not a good look for me.
6. Surely, I will get a zit the size of Mt. Fuji the day of, so why bother trying to look decent?
Right. Might as well go with this on my book jacket:
|Those are accurate head-to-body proportions. Really.|
Have you had an professional author/writer photo done? Any advice? I'll try to post photos after the deed is done!