Friday, February 3, 2012

Congrats to Sarah Fine! (and an interview!)

Okay, I did just say I was going to be blogging a wee bit less lately, but this is too good not to share!

From Publisher's Weekly:

Stacey Barney of Putnam Books for Young Readers acquired world English rights to Scan and a sequel, Burn, by Walter Jury and S.E. Fine. Jury is a manager/producer for film and television, and Fine is a child psychologist; this is their first collaboration, and it’s a high-action YA thriller about a 16-year-old boy who has been prepared his whole life for "something important," only to discover it means he's one of the last humans left on earth. The first title is due out in 2013. Joanna Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation did the six-figure deal.

Kathleen Ortiz at Nancy Coffey Literary also did a huge amount of work for this too, and deserves a shout-out!

I've been keeping CIA level mum-ness about this for weeks. As you guys know, Sarah Fine is also a wonderful blogger, child psychologist extraordinaire, and I'm proud to say she's a great friend.

Finally, I can do this officially (cover your ears, if you have delicate drums...)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Congrats Sarah! 

***

Also, the wonderful Beth Christopher interviewed me for her "On the Trail" series. It was super fun and if you want to see one of my favorite places to hike, check it out! 

34 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Congrats Sarah! Great news. It's been a week of great writing news.

Shelly said...

That is grand news! I will be looking for her work when it comes out, particularly since I teach middle school English.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

What fantastic news! And I know she's had to keep it under wraps for a long time. (Okay, I might have teased a few details out of her a month or so ago.) But now that I know the whole thing, it's a wonder she didn't implode while she had to wait!

Tracy Jo said...

Just read her post. Loved reading those words - "I have a book deal" - Awesome!

Old Kitty said...

Hooorah for Sarah Fine!!!! Double Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from me too!

Fabulous news and huge huge congrats!!

Take care
x

Connie Keller said...

That's wonderful news!! Congratulations to Sarah!!!

Sarah said...

Aw, thanks so much, Lydia! You're the best. And thanks to the rest of you as well! I've very excited!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to Sarah!!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm so excited about this news. And for the one I get to announce this week. :D

Jax said...

Congratulations!!! Sounds so exciting :)

Stephen Tremp said...

Congrats! to Sarah. Always great to hear big news like this. Best wishes to her.

Slamdunk said...

Def, congrats to Sarah.

Enjoy your weekend Dr.

Matthew MacNish said...

It was only a matter of time. Still, CONGRATS!

April Plummer said...

Wahoo! That is INCREDIBLE! Congrats, Sarah, and thanks Lydia for sharing the good news!

Clarissa Draper said...

That's great news! And that sounds like an awesome premise for a book.

Karen Lange said...

Congrats to Sarah! And congrats, Lydia, on your interview at Beth's. Good stuff!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Yay! Congrats, Sarah. It sounds like an awesome book. :)

Sarah said...

Just read this. So awesome!

Laura Josephsen said...

Oh, that is fabulous news!!!

Krispy said...

Yay for Sarah! I already squeed at her blog, so I'm just going to go read your interview now. :)

nutschell said...

congrats sarah! Isn't it exciting when one of our friends gets published? I often live vicariously through my writer-turned-author friends.

Happy weekend!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Carol Kilgore said...

Huge congrats to Sarah. The book sounds great.

Deb Salisbury said...

Yay! Hurray for Sarah!!!

Carol Riggs said...

YES! Awesome. Hugeous congrats to Sarah. And to you, for keeping this under wraps for so long, hehe. This sounds like a very intriguing premise!!

Carrie Butler said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations to Sarah! :)

catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com said...

That is awesome! Congrats to Sarah.

Belle said...

I just came from her blog and I was so happy for her!

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm so happy for Sarah. She must be on cloud 9! Thanks for letting us know.

Sarah Pearson said...

This is brilliant news, and the premise sounds awesome :-)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congrats to Sarah. Its great news :)

Janet Johnson said...

So thrilled for Sarah! What great news! :)

Nicole Ducleroir said...

Congrats to Sarah! Happy weekend, Lydia. Hope you're well!

Leslie Rose said...

Yay for Sarah. It's always an inspiration to hear fab news. Thanks for sharing, Lydia.

Margo Kelly said...

so exciting!!!

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS