Today I've got a two-pronged post. First, the business side.
Many of you either know from experience or have heard of the Anniversary Effect.
On the anniversary of something traumatic, people may have upsetting dreams, or behaviors such as sleep disturbances, agitation, anxiety, sadness, jumpiness, or fear.
Classic Anniversary Effect triggers include the death of a loved one (their birthday, day of death, or holidays usually celebrated with them), 9/11, hurricane Katrina, or other traumatic events.
The effect can even be triggered by memories brought on by scents, sounds, and seasons.
Sometimes the sufferer is aware that their symptoms are because of the impending anniversary; sometimes not. In the latter case, the symptoms can be baffling to the sufferer and those around them. Only when they are reminded about the special association does it become easier to deal with.
Has anyone used or seen the anniversary effect in novels?
Okay, on to a happier anniversary item. Today marks the anniversary that I started my blog.
I can't believe it's been one year! I remember when I started. I didn't know what I was doing, and after my first post, I posted again that I was quitting. I'm glad I didn't!
My personal Anniversary Effect includes:
- disbelief that I could actually blog for a year
- sheer happiness with the supportive bloggers I've met
- nervousness that I won't be able to blog about a single, interesting thing next year
- stress over balancing blogging with writing and life in general
- enjoyment in making my silly drawings and reading some really entertaining blog posts and comments by my followers
You guys make it all worthwhile!