Friday, November 11, 2011

Author Spotlight: Jessica Bell!

I've known Jess almost since the day I started blogging. This is a woman with so many facets to her talent, she's practically a walking disco ball, but way cooler. :)

Today is THE day to help Jessica Bell's debut, STRING BRIDGE, hit the bestseller list on Amazon, and receive the all-original soundtrack,
Melody Hill: On the Other Side, written and performed by the author herself, for free!

All you have to do is purchase the book today (paperback, or eBook), November 11th, and then email the receipt to:
jessica.carmen.bell(at)gmail(dot)com

She will then email you a link to download the album at no extra cost!

To purchase the paperback:

To purchase the eBook:
Amazon USA

To listen to samples of the soundtrack, visit iTunes.

If you aren't familiar with String Bridge, check out the book trailer:



Rave Reviews for String Bridge:

Jessica Bell’s STRING BRIDGE strummed the fret of my veins, thrummed my blood into a mad rush, played me taut until the final page, yet with echoes still reverberating. A rhythmic debut with metrical tones of heavied dark, fleeting prisms of light, and finally, a burst of joy—just as with any good song, my hopeful heartbeat kept tempo with Bell’s narrative.
~ Kathryn Magendie, author of Sweetie and Publishing Editor of Rose & Thorn Journal

“Poet and musician Jessica Bell's debut novel String Bridge is a rich exploration of desire, guilt, and the difficult balancing act of the modern woman. The writing is lyrical throughout, seamlessly integrating setting, character and plot in a musical structure that allows the reader to identify with Melody's growing insecurity as her world begins to unravel…
String Bridge is a powerful debut from a promising writer, full of music, metaphor, and just a hint of magic.”
~ Magdalena Ball, author of Repulsion Thrust and Sleep Before Evening

Jessica Bell is a brilliant writer of great skill and depth. She doesn't pull back from the difficult scenes, from conflict, pain, intensity. She puts it all out there, no holds barred, no holding back. She knows how to craft a scene, how to develop character, how to create suspense. This is an absolutely brilliant debut novel. I look forward to reading her next novel, and next and next.”
~ Karen Jones Gowen, author of Farm Girl, Uncut Diamonds and House of Diamonds

Connect with Jessica:

29 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to Jessica! So excited for her. I spread the word on Facebook.

Jessica Bell said...

Thank you SO much for posting this today! Really appreciate it!

Susan Fields said...

I love the disco ball analogy - yes, Jessica is way cool!

shelly said...

Once again, congrats, Jessica. Saw another review on your book over at Creep Query Girl's blog.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Great to see #StringBridge featured on so many wonderful blogs today!

Old Kitty said...

What a blogblast for Jessica! Yay! Take care
x

Ciara said...

Wow, Jess. You are everywhere today!

DL Hammons said...

Been there (at 3:45 this morning) done that! I'm in the process of downloading her soundtrack right now. All that's left is to wait on the mailman. :)

Matthew MacNish said...

Jess rules. She did so much work to put this all together. He's to String Bridge breaking the top 100!

Suze said...

Very nice.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

You had me with the walking disco ball! Actually, I'm hearing such good buzz, I will order today.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congrats Jessica. I am seeing your book on all the blogs I am visiting.
Lydia..I love the analogy: Disco Ball.

salarsenッ said...

Tweeted an all! Jess has done a fabulous job promoting her book. She's everywhere!! Love it!

Slamdunk said...

Good to see Jessica getting all the attention today.

Have a good weekend Lydia.

Little Ms. Fun said...

I am going to have to check her out. Her book seems promising :)

Olga said...

I'm always happy finding new talented person. Have a wonderful weekend, Lydia!

Carol Riggs said...

Congrats to Jessica! Great song and trailer too, along with the intriguing sound of the storyline. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah for Jessica! And the CD rocks - buy her book NOW.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

A walking disco ball? I'm a walking 8 Ball. Does that count?

I bought Jessica's book yesterday, and I hope her sales continue to skyrocket, Roland

Southpaw said...

I love the intro you gave this!

Krispy said...

Congrats to Jessica! Been seeing this all over the blogosphere today!

Carrie Butler said...

Wow! She sounds like a really talented woman. I'll tweet about it. :)

lbdiamond said...

Yay! Congrats, Jessica.

Tiana Smith said...

Seriously, this girl is EVERYWHERE today! How awesome is that?

Lindi said...

What great reviews. Congrats, Jessica. I'll check it out.

julie fedderson said...

Yay, Jessica! Loved her work since I read Twisted Velvet Chains. Can't wait to check this out.

The Red Angel said...

Congratulations to Jessica! I've heard so many good things about her and her work so I'm definitely going to have to check String Bridge out! Also, I love the book cover for sure.

~TRA

The Red Angel Blog

Romance Reader said...

Congratulations to Jessica! String Bridge sounds an awesome story.

All the best!

Nas Dean said...

Congrats to Jessica! Yay!

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS