This month's Sisterhood of the Traveling Blog question comes from Deb Salisbury.
"How would you personify your muse?"
Well. Once, I thought she was like this, a bit S & M-like. But now, I realize she's more like this:
Cute right? Well, let's get down to the details and see how cute she really is.
1. Earplugs. These are some of the many items in her arsenal. She shoves these in so I can brainstorm ideas and have no idea that my family is asking me when, for the love of their empty stomachs, dinner will be ready.
2. Sunglasses. More like blinders. She slaps these on me all the time. What pile of dirty laundry?
3. Lasso. Not the lasso of truth, just a lasso. When I get busy doing the proper things, she yanks me back to focus on my ideas. It's okay except when I've got soap in my eyes and my laptop is far away.
4. Glue. Used to stick my butt to the chair so I can get my writing done.
5. Sharp claws. So she doesn't lose her grip on me.
6. Bellybutton. Not sure what this is for.
7. Thumb spike from hell. Great for poking me, mercilessly at times, most often after midnight.
8. Big, innocent eyes. "It's for your own good, sweetie!" she says. Ha. Not so innocent when it's three in the freaking morning.
9. Fangs. She sucks all the good sense out of me, and replaces it with fantastical ideas.
There you go. She's a tough little sucker, she is.
So what's your muse like?
If you missed it, check out Laura's aMusing post from last week, and stay tuned for Sarah and Deb's in the coming weeks!
3 days ago