4 hours ago
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Writing Goals for 2011
Hello all. This month's Sisterhood of the Traveling Blog topic is writing goals for 2011.
I have to say, this comes with a lot of fear and embarrassment, because if I fail spectacularly in my resolutions, it's out there for all to see.
Kind of like visible panty lines, or spinach-riddled teeth. None pleasant to look at, but most unpleasant for the said possessor of the unpleasantness.
Okay, here goes.
1. I am going to finish my current WIP by the end of January, revise and query it soon after if my crit partners say it's not complete garbage.
2. While querying that piece, I'm going to start outlining a new WIP and have it written by June. If this trajectory works out, that leaves room for a third WIP in the summer/fall.
3. I'm going to publish at least two poems to journals and get one non-fiction piece published (okay, I'm cheating here, because I already know I have one accepted to a journal for early 2011. Whatev, I can cheat.)
4. Finish interviewing my parents for a family history project I started (gulp) five years ago.
5. (*whispers*) Get an agent.
There. I said it. Somehow putting it out there feels like jinxing myself, which is odd because I'm not that superstitious. Well, er. Maybe a little.
Anywho, if you didn't get a chance, check out Laura's post last week,and next week we'll welcome to our newest Sister, Sarah Fine!