Monday, March 15, 2010

Medical Mondays! Mental Health Mondays!

No, this post is not about how to get yourself a day off from work every Monday. Nice try.

So Laura Diamond and I are starting a twin blog series about answering Mental Health (hers) and Medical (mine) questions for fiction writers.

I've been asked questions by writers such as "What test would someone need if they fell off a cliff?" or "What does it really feel like to have a heart attack?" And keep in mind that on Laura's blog Diamond--Yup, Like the Stone every Monday she will post an answer to a question regarding psychological/psychiatric questions that might be relevant to your fiction piece.

Here's how it works.

1) Post a question in the comments section or email me if you prefer, at
2) I'll pick out one (or a few) questions to answer every Monday and I will post links to your blog (unless you choose to remain anonymous).
3) Become a follower of my blog and post a link on your blog if I help answer your question.
4)FYI, this is for fiction only. The information in the post is only for writing purposes and does NOT constitute medical advice.

...So no disguising your personal toenail fungus problems as a mysterious plot twist. 'Kay?

The best part? We won't charge you a bill!

9 comments:

lbdiamond said...

This is so exciting!!! ;)

Dara said...

Oooh, great idea! I'm not really sure what I'd ask now but I'll have to think about it :)

Sandy Shin said...

This is a wonderful feature! I don't have a question (as of yet), but I am definitely keeping this in mind for future writings. You're amazing for doing this. :]

Ee Leen Lee said...

hi Lydia you have a great blog!
I do have a question for you: is ingesting lead (through contaminated food and water) toxic and ultimately, lethal?

Jen said...

What a great blog!!! I look forward to following you!! Such a great idea too!

Janna Qualman said...

This is a fantastic idea!

Jana Hutcheson said...

Love this! I gmailed you a question.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) said...

Wow, what a cool idea. Looking forward to the answers. I'm off to gmail you a question :)

Lydia Kang said...

Thanks for all the support. I'm already working on the questions for Monday!

 
ALL CONTENT © 2012 THE WORD IS MY OYSTER / BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS