Monday, March 1, 2010

Chunky Soup for Brains

So I have about three ideas for a next WIP. All very different time periods, different characters and plots, and different subgenres of YA. Gah.

I am letting them stew inside my mind but it's not fun having Chunky Soup for brains. It's distracting, for one. I like to have a clear goal and a path in front of me to follow. When there are three, I'm a little lost.

Starting a new novel feels like a huge committment. I'll be be daydreaming and spending a lot of precious time on it. Months and months of time. Maybe I've just got committment-phobia. But I do love the feeling of falling into and developing a story. It's intoxicating. It's time to make a jump soon.

Maybe tomorrow. Soup-for-brains here is going to read a new YA novel. It's nice to live in someone else's world for a while.

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Hehe. Chunky Soup. I like that discription. At times my brain feels like pudding.

Deb Salisbury said...

LOL! Chunky soup, or pudding with chocolate chips. Depends on the day. ;-)

Lydia Kang said...

Gack. Must return book I started. Can't stand the writing! Now there is no refuge.