Friday, March 12, 2010

Apple Turnover

I have a new MacBook Pro! After nearly four years of punching away on my old Dell laptop, one catastrophic hard drive crash, and an ironic functionality where it would freeze when the machine grew burning hot, I finally made the switch to Mac.

I mean, the last time I had a Mac was in college. I'm talking the Mac SE with a dot matrix printer and I'd better shut my mouth because I'm really dating myself.

So far it's hasn't been so bad getting used to the weirdo Fn button and how the Command key is now my old control key and all. And I must say this, because yes, I'm a little bit of a design snob, but...

It's...so....pretty. *Sigh*

6 comments:

Hilary Wagner ~ Writer said...

Oh, lucky you!!!! So jealous!!!

Have fun with it!!

xoxo -- Hilary

Sandy Shin said...

Ooh, congrats! I still remember the joy of getting a Mac for the first time. Macs are so, so pretty. :]

lbdiamond said...

YAY! Love Macs!!!!!

cipherqueen said...

Congradulations! My mom has a Mac... I use it on long road trips. ;D Keep writing!

Alice said...

Hahaha!!! I love your title! It reminds me of when I was at t&c, once in a while I'd be invited to brainstorm cutie titles for FOB stories. A huge honor for me coming from the art dept. We'd read the small story and chat about titles, so much fun! Writers and editors would work off each other other to come up with clever titles. The editor would have final say. If yours was picked or you have clever ones, you get invited back. That was my micro contribution to writing.
Very clever title.

Alice said...

So happy you're even more compatible with me now! It is a pretty little thing isn't it.